Hello Friends! We are getting so close to moving into our new home, and I feel the need to simplify and organize! Big time!
Week 1- Master bedroom - focusing on the decluttering your dresser-
Here are Three decluttering steps/tips Melissa shares-
1. Empty your clothing and belongings from dresser drawers.
Take advantage of this moment to wipe them out and even add new drawer liners if you want to.
2. Take stock of how much drawer space you have. What do you need your drawer space for? Assign each drawer a purpose, with space for each category of belongings (such as socks, undies, slips, tights, PJ’s.).
3. Now it’s time to put back what you really use. What is in good condition, fits, and you actually like to wear? Put those items back in the drawer in the designated space. Match up socks. If you have lone socks, start a lonely sock basket, and if the mate turns up, you’ll be able to return them to the dresser. If the drawers become too crowded, pare down or relocate items if you have another option.
Get Organized Tip: You can make easy DIY drawer dividers from old shoe and gift boxes.
This drawer organizers came from Ikea...love their drawer organizers. I also love to use old boxes.
I love how simple this was to do ( I used Heidi's room, thanks Heidi) Just using things we already had on hand..
- a basket for bedside necessities- tissue, water, chap-stick, phone
- a little greenery and candles from her home.
It doesn't take much to get started....and the reward is awesome! Just a few "Simple little steps."
Love this quote from Melissa's Book-
"The chaos in our physical world can reflect and even alter the state of our mood, body, mind, and spirit."