We just held a little Relief Society teacher training/appreciation meeting.
Speaking in general conference, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said: "We are so grateful to all who teach. We love you and appreciate you more than we can say." He continued: "To teach effectively and to feel you are succeeding is demanding work indeed. But it is worth it. We can receive 'no greater call.' To help others, to teach, persuade, and prayerfully lead them to walk that path of redemption also- surely that must be the second most significant task in our lives.
I focused the discussion during the meeting on the imaginary of "Keys" With this thought-
Keys - You are the Key to a better Sunday Relief Society.
- You- create, inspire, devote, persuade, lead (what is the gift YOU give to the lesson)
"As teachers you stand upon the highest peak in education, for what teaching can compare in priceless value and in far-reaching effect with that which deals with man as he was in the eternity of yesterday, as he is in the mortality of today, and as he will be in the forever of tomorrow. Not only time but eternity is your field." President J. Reuben Clark Jr.
We gathered and discussed these topics
- Teach from the Scriptures
- Conducing discussions
- Help all Class Members contribute to a learning Atmosphere
- You are the Key to a better Sunday Relief Society.
And of course....what would a meeting be without a little refreshment.
Overnight Fruity Oatmeal - See full recipe here
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled-oats
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries and raspberries
- large spoonful of Jif® Maple Flavored Peanut Butter Spreads
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 - 1½ cups milk - basically cover what's in your jar (I used Almond Milk)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
We are blessed to have wonderful talented teachers in our Relief Society.
They are the "Keys" to a wonderful Sunday meeting!