Not all the food we found in Cancun is what you would consider typical. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Cup of Fruit- Mostly mango, pineapple, coconut and watermelon. You can find these everywhere....mostly sold by street vendors.
- The chocolate cake at our resort...to die for! Probably the best chocolate cake I have ever had.
- Puffed Potatoes- Very interesting....taste like potatoes chips that have been puffed up. We were told that it takes the chef a couple of days to prepare this appetizer. It wasn't my favorite dish...but top awards for presentation. (we ate this at an Argentinian Steak house called Cambalache- wonderful service and great stakes.)
- This was the typical way they would bring chips to us....and always with a plate or bowl of limes. Most restaurants would also serve a avocado and lime dip.
- Tacos at La Distillery Restaurant- we enjoyed the food....lots of energy.
This was one of our favorite places...honest, simple good Mexican food. We ate here a couple of times, nothing fancy but good.
It is always an adventure trying new food.
A bit tired of Mexican food, we sought out a change of pace, so we treated ourselves to a private hut for
A nice place hidden among the green foliage of a botanical garden.
The ambiance was amazing, literally amazing. It was like a sophisticated Swiss Family Robinson-type structure with beautiful lighting....it felt like a paradise....The cliche is that it's part of a huge mall but once inside you're by the lagoon. Very quite romantic dinner.
It was a nice to have quite dinning....we found that most of our meals out were so loud that it was hard to carry on a conversation. So, this place was awesome just for that. The food was good...not the best I've had, but good.... The sticky mango rice was fabulous!
Breakfast was almost always in our villa.......a smoothie beach side was our favorite thing for lunch.
Almost finished...one more post about our trip.