How do you say Good-bye to a place that has so many memories? You don't, you say....
- Thank you for being an awesome place for my Grandchildren to play
- Thanks for being a pretty place for Spring Events and parties, YW and YM activities, and Relief Society events...more events
- Thank you for standing strong against the woodpeckers, pigs and other wild creatures...that tried to take you down.
- Thank you for being the place of wild laughter and quite tears.
- You sent off 3 missionaries, saw 4 sons get married, hosted a friends wedding, a proposal of marriage happened in your tree-house, Thanksgivings and Christmas were awesome, 9 grandchildren came after you were built, one grandchild walked your foundation. You saw us through cancer, the death of my parents and brother, and surgeries.
- We had High School and College graduations while living here.
- Thank you for putting up with us as we changed you from time to time.
- Thanks for keeping us safe and warm.
- Thanks for letting us build in you our dreams
- Thank You for being so kind as to have invited over 1,000 people to come and have fun on your lawn and in your pool.
- thank you,thank you.
Yes, we sold our Catheys Valley Home...it was time. As melancholy as this is....it is a blessing. By selling her, other dreams and adventures can now take place.
I pray the new family will love her as we did.
Here is one last look as we left her. (the new owners wanted the furniture and was part of the sale.)
Library- some of the art was left....I took my Gospel Art and art that had been gifted to me.
The bubble room- the place where the grand-kids left their mark....as sad as it may seem to leave these markings....I have pictures and a few ideas on how to use them. =)
Guest bedroom and mirror bathroom.
The castle door....the grand-kids named her that and loved opening the little "speak-easy"
That wall seems so bare... with all our family pictures gone.
The bunk beds and media room- The bunks were a perfect hiding/playing place for the grands.
Here are a few links to Happy Things
I could go on and on...but really this blog has been about our life in Catheys Valley and this wonderful home.
Change is happening....which is not a sad/bad thing.....but a different thing...and I can't stop it. I can, however, embrace it with all the energy, grace and style I can mustard up.
I love anyplace where Danny, my children and grandchildren are.
( in Catheys Valley, picture by Sam)
Thank you Brett for helping us through this process, we couldn't of done it without you...we will miss our Catheys Valley family.
A few fun videos-