Last year my Daughter Shannon had a Favorite things party.. after seeing her party I planned to do one of my own...it's taken me a whole year to finally do it. A lot of my party ideas came from her party...click here for all the details-
My Friend Sandi and I got together and planned the Party
here it is....in a nutshell.
Just a simple little welcome at the door.
- Each guest received a brown bag- we took their picture...to be pinned to their brown bag.
- Fresh Apple juice with birch log straws
- Hanging lanterns, chocolate fountain and fresh fruit.
- Me... what I wore
- Jessica, Sandi and Bree
- Jessica, Me and Bree- Jessica and Bree came early and helped with some of the last minute details....thanks girls.
I need some serious "night picture taking help" with my camera!
The house felt like Christmas day-
How it works-
Each guest came with 4 gifts ( something that they LOVE (under $6).
- At the party they wrote their name 4 different times on 4 different pieces of paper...put in large bowl.
- when the gift exchange begins- we would draw names and everyone will go home with four new favorite things.
- Let the fun begin. We also playedDownload Favorite-things-game....Everyone fills out the entire questionnaire. Then we go around and reveal our answers, one question at a time . . . . If someone else has the same answer, you cross it out. (It's important that you don't leak this game play info before you start!) Gave out two prizes for this game. Lowest and Highest.
It was great fun to see all the different things the women came with....I wish I had kept a record....some I can remember- candles, rush massage bar, LED snowmen, measuring spoons, a soap that keeps your towels smelling awesome, fresh flowers, tea towels, books, nail polish, garden gloves, a pie pastry form, makeup, beautiful scarfs, chocolate...and so much more.
See what I mean so blurry....and yes, we had one little guy at the party.
I may need to do this again sometime.
Oh, as the night ended a little bird decided to fly into the house....added a little bit of crazy excitement....Danny was in the bedroom and thought we sounded like a bunch of 12 year old girls screaming.... It reminded me of a scene from a movie. All is well, the bird made it out safe.
Tons of fun.